May 25, 2022

Batavia, Geneva children’s book authors host ‘Books and Brunch’ fundraiser to help families affected by war in Ukraine – Shaw Local

A group of Kane County children’s authors are teaming up with the Kiwanis Club of Batavia to host “Books and Brunch” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, May 15 at Eagle Brook Country Club, 2288 Fargo Blvd., Geneva.

The event will raise funds for ChildAid Eastern Europe, which provides aid and support to war-affected children and families in Ukraine.

According to a press release, authors Donna Fatigato, Bonnie Baumgartner and Theresa Fontana from Batavia, along with Mike Schrettenbrunner and his two daughters/authors, Leni and Libby, from Geneva, will host the family event which will include breakfast, children’s activities, readings by authors, raffles, a silent auction and a cash bar.

The statement said the Kiwanis Club of Batavia is working with the group to collect donations and ticket sales. The club will keep 15% of event proceeds to help fund its K-Kid clubs at local schools, while the remaining 85% will go directly to ChildAid Eastern Europe.

Tickets are $45 for adults, $15 for children or $100 for a family of four and can be purchased at www.eventbrite.com.

To donate a raffle prize or to sponsor a table at the event, visit www.eventbrite.com/e/304219708337or to make a direct financial donation, visit https://bataviakiwanis.square.site/.