When James middleton and Alizee Thévenet got married last weekend, it seems the bride had no problem finding her “something borrowed” for the big day as she explained this week that she was actually wearing her step-in-law. mother Carole middleton1980 wedding dress.
Regarding her choice of dress for the ceremony, the bride confided Hi!, “My borrowed something was actually my dress from my mother-in-law Carole who last wore it 41 years ago on her wedding day in June 1980.” Thevenet then revealed that she first tried on the dress during the lockdown as she and Middleton stayed with her parents at their home in Bucklebury, Berkshire. “While talking about dresses with Carole and sharing ideas during the lockdown for inspiration, I tried on her wedding dress and fell in love with it,” she said. “It suited me perfectly and was exactly what I wanted. It always bothered me that wedding dresses were only worn once, so it was amazing to give a second life to such a beautiful dress.
Thévenet and the brother of the Duchess of Cambridge got married last weekend in an intimate ceremony held at the French vineyard Chateau Leoube in front of 50 guests, including Kate Middleton, Prince william, and their three children. According to a source who spoke to the Daily mail, “Château Leoube makes exceptional wines, notably rosé, known throughout France and abroad. It is therefore natural that the guests were served with wine from Château Léoube, which they drank while clinking glasses to James and Alizée. Many bottles of wine were drunk. Everyone had fun. “
After their engagement in 2019, James told the Telegraph that he first met Alizée when her cocker spaniel approached her in a private club in 2018, just a few months after entering treatment for depression. They had originally planned to get married in 2020 but have postponed twice due to the pandemic. The bride and groom both shared the good news on their Instagram accounts last weekend with Middleton writing, “Words can’t describe how happy I am.”
More great stories from Vanity Fair
– Natalie Portman on Britney Spears and the Scent of Love
– Behind the surprising spirit of Queen Elizabeth
– Are literary Jonathans still relevant today?
– The true story of a Hollywood partnership built and destroyed by money, sex and fame
– The best shampoo bars to lighten the environmental burden of 2021
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez enjoy the end of summer
– The most influential pop-rock group of all time? The Monkees!
– “Normal” parental advice from Prince William and Kate Middleton
– From the archives: Meet the women who domesticated the Rolling Stones
– Subscribe to “The Buyline” to receive an organized list of fashion, book and beauty purchases in a weekly newsletter.