Area libraries offer activities and programs for all ages. Here’s a look at what’s in store at a handful of North Macomb County libraries.
Lois Wagner Memorial Library
• The senior exercise will be offered on February 28, March 2, 7 and 9 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Lapsit Plus for children ages 16 months to 36 months is available March 1 at 10 a.m.
• Preschool storytime for children ages 3 to 5 is scheduled for February 24 and March 3 at 10 a.m.
Library hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
The Lois Wagner Memorial Library is located at 35200 Division Road in Richmond. For more information, call the library at 586-727-2665, or visit cityofrichmond.net or facebook.com/LWMLibrary.
Ray Township Public Library
• Miniature Art Gallery is available until February 28th. Stop by the library to paint a canvas in acrylics and leave it for the whole month and the RTPL Mini Art Show. No experience necessary. All skill levels and ages are welcome to participate.
• Kids Craft: Critters and Jars will take place on February 24 from 6-7 p.m. Join in making candy jars and pom pom creatures for Valentine’s Day. The number of places is limited, so please register in advance.
• Adult crafts will take place on March 7 from 6-7 pm. Participate to create a chalk menu board for the kitchen, then use the leftover craft items for a day of free-form crafting! Do what inspires you! The price is $4. Register in advance as places are limited.
• The Libraries Transforming Communities: Connecting in a Digital World grant prompted the library to add a weekly drop in technology time from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. every Wednesday at the library. Customers can request help with technical needs anytime the library is open, but the library has added the specific time to ensure there is at least one person on site who can help.
Library hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The Ray Township Public Library is located at 64255 Wolcott Road in Ray Township. For more information, call the library at 586-749-7130, email [email protected], or visit raylibrary.org or facebook.com/raylibrary.
Armada Free Public Library
The Tuesday evening book club will meet on March 1 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Join the discussion on the book of the month. Call to reserve a copy of the reading selection.
Cardmaking will take place in the Community Hall on March 3 from 1 to 3 p.m. This card course will provide crafters with options for a variety of sentiments and some cards will be in a choice of colors and designs.
A library card provides access to audiobooks, e-books, magazines and more. Public Wi-Fi is available at the curb or in the parking lot.
Library hours are 12 noon to 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The Armada Free Public Library is located at 73930 Church St. in Armada. For more information, call the library at 586-784-5921, visit armadalib.org or facebook.com/armadafreepubliclibrary.