Area libraries offer activities and programs for all ages. Here’s a look at what’s in store at a handful of North Macomb County libraries.
Lois Wagner Memorial Library
• The senior exercise will be offered on April 25 and 27 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Lapsit Plus for children 16 to 36 months will take place on April 26 at 10 a.m.
• Preschool story time for children ages 3 to 5 is scheduled for April 14 at 10 a.m.
• The Friends of the Library Spring Book Sale Preview Night will be held April 20 from 5-7 pm.
• The Friends of the Library Spring Book Sale is scheduled for April 21 and 22 from 9 am to 5 pm and April 23 from 10 am to 2 pm.
The library will be closed on April 15 and 16 for Easter.
Library hours are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
The Lois Wagner Memorial Library is located at 35200 Division Road in Richmond. For more information, call the library at 586-727-2665, or visit cityofrichmond.net or facebook.com/LWMLibrary.
Lenox Township Library
• Pre-kindergarten story time is offered on Wednesdays at 10:30 am. Join the library for stories and songs at the library. The program is aimed at small children, but all children and families are welcome.
•An Easter party is planned for April 9 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Meet and take pictures with the Easter bunny, make a fun craft, play games and participate in an egg hunt. Also enter the Easter basket draw listed on the events page of the library website. Winners will be announced at the party and additional notifications will be sent to any absentee winners.
• Seed Bomb Craft is available on April 12 from 6-7 p.m. Kids ages 7 and up can create their own seed bombs at the library. Completing the registration form is mandatory for a child to participate. Register at lenoxlibrary.org.
• Movies and Munchies is scheduled for April 18 from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. Join in for a family movie and snack at the library. The program is aimed at children up to 10 years old, but all children and families are welcome.
• Crafts for Adults – Plastic Spoon Flower will take place April 20 from 5:30-7:30 pm Create a beautiful sunflower out of plastic spoons with tips from resident artist Ms. Dawn. This program is intended for people over the age of 21. Places are limited and registration is compulsory. Please register each person individually. The registration form will be closed once the maximum capacity of the program has been reached or before April 16, whichever comes first.
• Crochet Meetup will take place on April 27 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. All crochet enthusiasts of all skill levels are welcome. The library will provide the necessary crochet tools. Feel free to bring supplies or projects from home.
A library board meeting will be held on April 22 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The library has mobile hotspots available for payment.
Library hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The Lenox Township Library is located at 58976 Main Street in New Haven. For more information, call the library at 586-749-3430, or visit lenoxlibrary.org or facebook.com/lenoxtwplibrary.
Ray Township Public Library
• The Libraries Transforming Communities: Connecting in a Digital World grant prompted the library to add a weekly drop in technology time from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. every Wednesday at the library. Patrons can request help with technical needs anytime the library is open, but the library has added the specific time to ensure there is at least one person on site who can help.
• Kids Craft is scheduled for April 14 from 6 to 7 p.m. Join in for an easy and airy Easter craft that will make you feel confident. Come make a tube bunny and just color and visit friends.
• The Healthy Girls, Healthy Goals series continues on April 25 from 6 to 7 p.m.
• Zendoodle Techniques with Mary is scheduled for April 23 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. All ages are welcome to join Mary in learning some basic Zendoodle techniques. Relax your mind and create a cool piece of art at the same time. This class is suitable for anyone with the fine motor skills to make basic guide lines.
• Toddler Hour – Brown Bear, Brown Bear will take place on April 27 from 11:00-11:30 a.m. Join story time for toddlers with a felt board, puzzles, head and sensory games. This event is for children 18 months to 3 years old or those who are able and would like a basic story and hands-on participation.
A meeting of the library board is scheduled for April 18 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Library hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The Ray Township Public Library is located at 64255 Wolcott Road in Ray Township. For more information, call the library at 586-749-7130, email [email protected]il.com, or visit raylibrary.org or facebook.com/raylibrary.
Armada Free Public Library
• Story time is scheduled for April 14 and 21 from 10:30 to 11:30 am A story hour designed for our youngest readers. Join us for stories, games and crafts.
• The Tuesday afternoon book club will meet on April 19 from 1 to 2 p.m. Join the discussion on the book of the month. Call to reserve a copy of the reading selection.
• The Armada Genealogy Society will be at the library to answer family history questions on April 20 from 10-11 a.m.
The library will be closed on April 15 and 16 for Easter.
A meeting of the Library Board will be held on April 21 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
A library card provides access to audiobooks, e-books, magazines and more. Public Wi-Fi is available at the curb or in the parking lot.
Library hours are 12 noon to 8 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The Armada Free Public Library is located at 73930 Church St. in Armada. For more information, call the library at 586-784-5921, visit armadalib.org or facebook.com/armadafreepubliclibrary.
Memphis Public Library
• Welcome Back Bingo will be held at the Memphis branch on April 14 from 6-7:45 pm Light refreshments will be served. Registration required.
• Eat healthy, be active, stress less will be available on April 18 and 25. Register by visiting https://msu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rceCqrj8vEtf3ZF1vjFTrwd5EnvXZKUOr. Once registered, a link to the class will be emailed to you.
• Family Storytime is scheduled for April 22 from 10:00 am to 10:45 am at the Memphis branch. Preschoolers and their caregivers are invited to join in for story time. There will be songs, stories, activities and a little craft.
• Bring a friend and join a play day at the Memphis Library on April 23 from 11 am to 1 pm. Lunch provided.
• Use colored glass gems to create a DIY suncatcher to hang in your window at the Memphis Library on April 26 from 6-7 p.m. Adult supervision will be required.
The Memphis Public Library is located at 34830 Potter St. in Memphis. For more information, call a local branch or visit stclaircountylibrary.org or facebook.com/stclaircountylibrarysystem.