Local libraries offer events and programs for all ages. Here’s a look at what’s planned at libraries in the Anchor Bay area.
Chesterfield Township Library
The Chesterfield Township Library is open regular hours at full capacity. All services have resumed. There are no restrictions.
The following free programs are scheduled:
• Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. until April 12, the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: Tax Preparation and Filing Services program will be available at the Chesterfield Township Library. Macomb County Veterans Services has partnered with Macomb Community Action and the Accounting Aid Society to provide free tax assistance to local veterans and low-income individuals and families. For more information and to make an appointment, call 586-463-2537.
• Adult Craft Night will be held March 3 from 6:30-7:30 pm Join us for an evening of crafts and creativity. Make a masterpiece to take home. All materials will be provided by the library. This month’s craft is paper beads.
• Leap into Science: Light and Shadow will take place on March 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Be a scientist by exploring light and shadow and studying how light interacts with other objects using fun activities. Use these fun activities created by the Franklin Institute to investigate and become a scientist. Leap into Science is a national program designed to develop interest and skills in science and literacy for children 10 and under.
• Toddler Hour will take place on March 7 from 10:15 to 10:45 am. Enjoy interactive stories, songs and games that encourage emerging language skills.
• The Crazy 8s Math Club will meet on March 8 from 4:30 to 5:30 pm The Crazy 8s is nothing like your regular math club. Kids are encouraged to play with math in the wildest ways, like screaming in the library, tossing marshmallows, and tossing dozens of bouncing dice into the air. This eight-week series is for children in kindergarten through second grade.
• Technical help will be provided on March 9 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. social media, email and more. Bring questions to the library and they’ll help you answer basic technology questions.
• Family Storytime will be on March 9 from 6:30-7:15 p.m. Family Storytime is a quiet 30-minute storytime where children can relax with books, nursery rhymes , songs and crafts. Children are encouraged to wear pajamas. Recommended for children 5 and under but families are welcome.
Download or stream free emagazines, ebooks, eaudiobooks, TV shows, movies, music, comics and more from chelibrary.org.
Library hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The Chesterfield Township Library is located at 50560 Patricia Avenue. For more information, call 586-598-4900 or visit chelibrary.org.
MacDonald Public Library
The following programs are programmed:
• Make It Mondays meets from 10 am to 5:30 pm on Mondays at the library. Come DIY Monday for tips and tricks on DIY projects and crafts.
• Sit & Knit meets from 10 am to noon on Mondays at the library.
• The Friends of the MacDonald Public Library book sale will be held March 4 and 5 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
• The Fiction Book Club meets on March 8 from 10:30 am to noon.
• Make a Kite will be available March 9 from 5-6 p.m. Make a simple kite in honor of National Kite Month. This event is scheduled to be in person but may be changed to virtual depending on COVID circumstances.
• Storytime for toddlers and preschoolers is scheduled for March 10 from 10 to 11 a.m. Join Mrs. Kelly at the library for stories, songs and fun. Registration is requested. Walk-ins will be accommodated depending on the space available.
• Adult to make and take away: The flower crown will take place on March 10 from 4:30 to 5:30 pm Come and create a small flower crown with faux flowers that will last all year.
•A concert with the Sheila Landis Trio will take place on March 10 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Baby and Me story time will take place on March 11 from 10 to 11 a.m. Join the library for a book, songs and fun. Registration is required, but walk-ins will be accepted where space permits.
• A Teen Advisory Council meeting is scheduled for March 15 from 4:30-5:30 pm. Join the Teen Advisory Council and help create programs, help prepare programs and make new friends. Free pizzas are provided.
Library hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The library is closed on Sundays. The MacDonald Public Library is located at 36480 Main St. in New Baltimore. For more information, call 586-725-0273 or visit macdonaldlibrary.org or facebook.com/mplnewbaltimore.